Toll NTrain Retrievers
March 25, 2019, 02:24:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the TollNTrain Dedicated Site!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Timber's Excellent Adventure!  (Read 2134 times)
~Linda~ Kasomor NSDTR
Junior

« on: October 07, 2011, 02:42:17 AM »

Timber, CH Redland’s Ahoy There Seabright MH WCX AOM has been on an excellent adventure since April...and I was in on it for the last week too!

Timber left Calgary in April for Sue Kish's in Ontario to complete his Master title. He has passed 7 of 8 tests with Sue and then was sent to me here in B.C. where he picked up another 2 passes so he has now gone 10 for 11 Master tests!

This is the first time I personally have run a Master test. (Seven years ago when I ran the Black Bitch for her MH title doesn’t count….cause....well, she was a lab for one thing ...but I couldn’t really appreciate it back then when I didn’t know what I was doing or what I was seeing…now I do.)

What is mind boggling to me is, of course, Timber, is not my dog. He was shipped to me here in B.C. from Sue's place in Ontario late the  Monday night before the tests. I ran him on a few set ups over three days, then when I ran him in the Master last weekend he PASSED both tests!! I'm still smiling like the Cheshire Cat at this!!

I have only ever trained with Sue last year for a few hours and certainly not with the intent of me ever running Timber entering anyone’s mind. It is a real testament to his breeding, capabilities and training that I was able to run him successfully.

Many thanks to Sheila Fee of Seabright Tollers in Calgary, Alberta for the real treat in allowing me the opportunity to run her boy. And sorry, Sheila…Timber don’t want to come home…I have pigeons he wants to play with and pheasants open on Saturday!

This is the second time I have had the privilege of running one of Sheila's Master dogs this year. I ran Mick, CH Seabright's Start Me Up MH WCX, successfully at the Calgary Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever National Specialty in the WCX. I was given a couple days' notice with that as well!

If anyone is ever given the opportunity to run a fully trained dog TAKE IT! If you don't want to do it... just send the dog to me because I'll do it in a heartbeat!

And to Sue Kish of Foxgrove Kennels, field trainer extraordinaire… Your training of Timber made me look good.  Grin I couldn't have done it without your encouragement and support.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 02:50:31 AM by ~Linda~ Kasomor NSDTR » Logged

Linda Moran
Kasomor NSDTR
www.kasomor.com
~Linda~ Kasomor NSDTR
Junior

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 03:04:08 AM »

Here's some pictures from the weekend. Sorry I can't figure out how to make them smaller  Huh

A Timber Eye View

Diversion shot

Staying loose...before the no-see-'um-blind from he$$

We's happy!

Linda Moran
Kasomor NSDTR
www.kasomor.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: