Toll NTrain Retrievers
August 07, 2020, 08:55:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the TollNTrain Dedicated Site!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AKC Hunting Ret. rule changes for 2012  (Read 2613 times)
bekin
Junior

Bridger

« on: November 28, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »

Anybody want to try to explain how the AKC Retriever hunt test rule changes will affect a senior hunter test?

Since the doc I've read has them kind of out of context, I can't picture what it will be.   Mainly I ask,
1.  could the walk up now be a separate breaking test a la HRC Seasoned, or, will it always be part of one of the double marked retrieves?
2.  will there be a walk up in every test ?

The SH tests I've seen (never run one myself, but plan to start in '12) have either had a walk up in the distance as the first bird on the land double...or not at all.

Kathy
Senior

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:04:21 PM »

The intent is to make it a 'surprise' bird. No calls etc. It would not be a separate test like HRC.

I haven't studied the rules, but I believe its part of the double and yes, there has to be a walk up in senior.

We had one in master this year (no calls, etc).  It was short, as its intended to be, and then two longer marks.

Kathy Guerra
Wolfchase Sporting Dogs
Kathy
Senior

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »

OK, so I read the rules. In theory, it could be a seperate test. But around here, I don't think that would happen because our numbers are quite large.

Kathy Guerra
Wolfchase Sporting Dogs
bekin
Junior

Bridger

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 12:32:08 AM »

Thanks Kathy!  You've answered all the questions I've ever asked on here!  both of them! Grin

Seems like this will make the double somewhat more predictable since by definition won't the first bird always be this "surprise" 35 - 45 yard ?  Though I supposed it could be the flyer, it could be land it could be on water...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: